Tax Tips

21 Tax Tips #18 Tax Slip T2202 Tuition Paid

Tax receipts on tuition paid to post-secondary schools are reported to CRA for recent years but if you're catching up on multiple or older years you’ll want to get those receipts from the registrar office of your school.

For most people your online student portal will have an accessible tuition tax receipt (T2202) for each year.

Tuition is highly valuable to report on tax returns, even for older years as it creates a deduction against future earnings that will be applied to reduce income taxes owing and maximize your refund amounts as a carry forward available for you to apply in subsequent years.

Join Our Newsletter

❤ Follow us

Ready to catch up on your taxes?

Blog posts by Tax Fairy Godmother

  📑 Tax Nightmares

  📑 Understanding Taxes

  📑 Tax Tips

  📑 Playing Catch-Up

  📑 Dear Tax Fairy


21 Tax Tips for Winning Financial Confidence

Little Known Tax Programs For Canadians Who Want To Pay Less Tax and Maximize Benefits

No Comments on 21 Tax Tips #18 Tax Slip T2202 Tuition Paid